Pro-otic x 90 Capsules
IMPROVED FORMULATION: Pro-otic now contains 4 dairy-free beneficial bacteria strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, L. casei and Bifidobacterium longum at a potency of 4 billion CFUs per capsule.
Nutrigold Pro-otic improved formulation now contains 4 proven strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium at 4 billion CFUs (Colony Forming Units) per capsule, providing support for intestinal microbial balance in both the small and large intestines. The small amount of pre-biotic fructooligosaccharides (FOS) now included in the Pro-otic formulation are not digested or absorbed but serve as a food for bifidobacteria.
The capsules are produced with 20% higher potency than the label claim at the time of manufacture to counter the inevitable potency decay due to environmental temperature fluctuations and shelf life. Freeze-dried (lysophilised) strains are used in Pro-otic to increase shelf life potency. Pro-otic can be stored at normal room temperature, so there is no need for inconvenient refrigeration.
Intestinal dysbiosis occurs when unfriendly bacteria imbalance probiotic bacteria. Factors that can promote dysbiosis include antibiotics, steroids, birth control pills, alcohol, bacterial infections, stress, travelling or a poor diet.
Key features for taking a probiotic with proven strains include:
- Helps maintain a healthy intestinal probiotic balance.
- Supports the structure and functional integrity of the epithelial lining.
- May boost immune response and support resistance.
- Can produce vitamins, enzymes and organic acids that support normal intestinal pH.
Specifically, the human strains of Lactobacilli found in Pro-otic include:
- L. acidophilus - produces DL-lactic acid, amylase (carbohydrate-digesting enzyme), and proteins (bacteriocins) that limit growth of other bacteria. It is resistant to bile and gastric acids so can survive in the intestinal tract and has moderate lactase (lactose dairy sugar digestive enzyme) activity.
- L. rhamnosus - supports the activity of cells in the immune system. It also sometimes occurs in the large intestine, where it can create favourable conditions for the implantation and growth of beneficial bifidobacteria. It also supports lactase activity in the stomach and small intestine.
- L. casei - can survive in a wide pH and temperature range and produces DL-lactic acid and amylase. It is smaller than L. acidophilus and complements its growth.
Almost 30 different species of Bifidobacteria have been identified. They are more delicate than other common probiotics and can easily be depleted by intestinal toxins or other stressors. Bifidobacteria are found in the large intestine and to a lesser extent in the lower part of the small intestine.
B. longum can ferment carbohydrates and produce lactic acid, creating a healthy pH in the colon. They produce vitamins B1, B6, folic acid, and beneficial enzymes. They also support the absorption of vitamins and can take up iron from the contents of the bowel. They stimulate IgA production in the intestinal lining, bolstering the gut immune response. Bifidobacteria are resistant to bile and gastric acids and have moderate lactase activity.
Use: 1-3 capsules daily, or as directed by a practitioner.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken.
|Active Ingredients per capsule||Amount||% NRV|
|Lactobacillus casei (SD5213)||1.6 Billion CFUs||*|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus (SD5217)||1.6 Billion CFUs||*|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus (SD5212)||0.4 Billion CFUs||*|
|Bifidobacterium longum (SD5588)||0.4 Billion CFUs||*|
Ingredients: FOS, Rice Flour (Oryza sativa), Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Stearic Acid, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus. Capsule Shell: Hydroxpropyl Methylcellulose.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
Allergen Information: See ingredients in bold