Digestive Support (The New Name For Zym-otic ®)x 60 Capsules
Nutrigold Digestive Support is a premium broad-spectrum plant digestive enzyme formulation that supports optimal digestion across a wide pH range of all macronutrients including fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Additional specialist enzymes support digestion of gluten, lactose, cellulose and raffinose, a sugar widely found in legumes.
WHY SUPPLEMENT WITH A DIGESTIVE ENZYME?
There are many reasons why we do not make enough of our own digestive enzymes. Poor enzyme production can lead to problems of nutrient insufficiency, and even deficiency, resulting in a whole host of health problems.
Here are some factors that can greatly impact on digestive enzyme output include:
- Foods or drinks that promote intestinal inflammation including coffee, alcohol, sugar, highly processed foods
- Individual food sensitivities like gluten, dairy, corn, soy etc.
- Chronic GI infection or inflammation
- Repeated antibiotic exposure, which affects gut microbiota, digestive and liver health
- Physical, emotional or psychological stress, which reduces pancreatic digestive enzyme output, as well as affecting many other areas of digestive function and health
- Pregnancy, which places extra demands on the body’s energy requirements
- Ageing, which leads to a decline in pancreatic and digestive function
Symptoms of digestive enzyme insufficiency are normally first apparent in the gut. Symptoms may appear for a day or even a week, and may include:
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Irritable bowel type symptoms
- Gut microbiota dysbiosis
- Undigested food in the stools
- Stools that float (steatorrhea)
- Feeling full after only a few mouthfuls
- Food allergies and intolerances
Addressing lifestyle factors to manage physical, emotional and psychological stress also plays an important role in improving digestive health. Mindful eating, such as reducing stressful situations when eating and chewing food slowly and thoroughly encourages the production and release of digestive enzymes in saliva and pancreatic juices.
Use: 1-2 capsules daily with food or as directed by a practitioner.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken. If you suffer from gastritis or ulcerative conditions of the stomach and small intestine please consult your doctor before taking this product.
|Active Ingredients per capsule||Amount||Providing Enzyme Activity||% NRV|
|Gluten Specific Protease||175mg||31.5 Proteinase Units||*|
|Lactase||100mg||650 FCC ALU||*|
|Amylase||90mg||4500 FCC DU||*|
|Alpha Galactosidase||60mg||150 GAL Units||*|
|Gluten Specific Protease||50mg||1.5 Glutaminase Units, 10 Endoproteinase Units||*|
|Vegetable Protease (Acid Active)||30mg||1950 HUT Units||*|
|Vegetable Protease (Alkaline Active)||30mg||5580 HUT Units||*|
|Invertase||5mg||200 INV Units||*|
|Lipase||4.5mg||500 FIP Units||*|
Ingredients:Gluten Specific Protease, Lactase, Amylase, Alpha Galactosidase, Gluten Specific Protease, Amyloglucosidase, Vegetable Protease, Bromelain, Phytase, Cellulase, Silica, Invertase, Lipase, Magnesium Stearate. Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
Allergen Information: See ingredients in bold