Multi-Active x 60 Capsules
Multi nutrient formula containing synergistic bioactive vitamins and minerals including organic Citrizorb® minerals, Vitamin K2, reduced folate and Vitamin B6 as P5P to complement the British diet.
Multi-Active is one a multivitamin and mineral formula designed specifically to reflect the current nutritional research and content of the British diet. With our extensive research into the latest nutritional science we have included some of the most bioavailable and bioactive nutrient forms.
There is a range of key nutrients included in this formulation including:
- Magnesium – contributes to reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal energy production, normal functioning of the nervous system and muscle function and maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
- Potassium – contributes to normal function of the nervous system, muscle function and maintenance of blood pressure.
- Vitamin C – contributes to normal function of the immune system and energy production, normal function of the nervous system and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin E – contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin B6 – contribute to normal function of the immune system, nervous system, energy production and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B5 –
- Zinc – contributes to normal cognitive function, bone, nails, skin and hair, as well as fertility and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Iron – contributes to normal cognitive function and energy production, normal function of the immune system and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Manganese – contributes to maintenance of normal bones, connective tissue and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Copper – contributes to maintenance of normal connective tissue, normal energy production, normal function of the nervous system and immune system as well as protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Chromium – contributes to normal blood glucose levels.
- Folate –
- Selenium - contributes to normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin K - contributes to normal blood clotting, maintenance of normal skin, bones, red blood cells and vision; reduction of tiredness and fatigue and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Bioavailability of nutrients is important because the efficiency with which your system absorbs key nutrients affects both the speed and level of positive health effects, as well impacting on the cost of your supplement programme.
Some of the bioactive nutrients in Multi-Active include:
- Organic citrate (Citrizorb®) minerals including Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese Citrizorb® - citrate minerals have been shown to have greater bioavailability compared to inorganic carbonate or oxide mineral forms. In this formula, bioavailable organic Magnesium and Calcium Citrizorb® are carefully balanced in a 2:1 ratio.
- Pyridoxine-5-Phosphate (P5P) – the bioactive coenzyme form of Vitamin B6, which can be directly utilised by the body without conversion.
- Quatrefolic® - a specific clinically validated form of reduced and methylated folate. Folic acid and food folate are not biologically active and need to be converted to the metabolically active form of folate (5-MTHF) in the body. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression (i.e. polymorphisms), do not produce adequate or effective folate converting enzymes (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase - MTHFR). Quatrefolic® passes the gastric barrier and is absorbed in the gut in to support levels of bioactive folate including in those individuals who have the MTHFR polymorphism, which is implicated in certain chronic disease states.
- Mena Q7® - a clinically validated form of Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7). Vitamin K2 better absorbed than Vitamin K1. The structure of MK-7 also allows this form to remain in the blood longer than Vitamin K1, increasing its bioavailability.
This formulation also contains a soya free source of Vitamin E.
Use: 1-2 capsules daily after food or as directed by a practitioner.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken.
|Active Ingredients per capsule||Amount||% NRV|
|Magnesium (as Citrate)||50mg||13|
|Potassium (as Citrate)||50mg||3|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||25mg||31|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate)||10mg α-TE||83|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, P5P)||2.5mg||179|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5 as Calcium Pantothenate)||2.5mg||42|
|Zinc (as Citrate)||3mg||30|
|Iron (as Gluconate)||2mg||14|
|Manganese (as Citrate)||1mg||50|
|Boron (as Sodium Tetraborate)||1mg||*|
|Copper (as Gluconate)||500µg||50|
|Chromium (as Picolinate)||50µg||125|
|Quatrefolic® (Reduced Folic Acid as 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate; 5-MTHF)||50µg||25|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||25µg||45|
|Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone)||15µg||20|
Ingredients: Rice Flour, Magnesium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Iron Gluconate, Zinc Citrate, Sodium Tetraborate, Silicon Dioxide, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Citrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Menaquinone, L-Selenomethionine, Chromium Picolinate, 5-MHTF. Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established