Homocysteine Support Formula x 60 Capsules
Delivers betaine and bioactive methylfolate (5-MTHF; reduced folic acid), Vitamin B6 (as P5P) and B12 (as methylcobalamin), which contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism.
Homocysteine is a common amino acid found in the blood. Certain B vitamins (including reduced folic acid, Vitamin B6 and B12) are required to maintain normal levels of homocysteine through specific cellular pathways (called the methylation cycle) throughout the body.
Key nutrients in Homocysteine Support Formula include:
- Trimethylglycine (TMG) providing betaine – also known as a “methyl” donor that is required by the cellular methylation cycle that maintains normal homocysteine levels. This type of betaine is not the same as a betaine hydrochloride that is used alongside pepsin to support protein digestion.
- Folate, Vitamin B6 and B12 – contribute to a number of different areas of health but relating to this product specifically contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism, normal red blood cell formation and reduction or tiredness and fatigue.
With our extensive research into the latest nutritional science we have included some of the most bioavailable and bioactive nutrient forms in this product. Bioavailability of nutrients is important because the efficiency with which your system absorbs key nutrients affects both the speed and level of positive health effects, as well impacting on the cost of your supplement programme.
Bioactive nutrients in Homocysteine Support Formula include:
- Pyridoxine-5-Phosphate (P5P) – the bioactive coenzyme form of Vitamin B6, which can be directly utilised by the body (including in the methylation cycle) without conversion.
- Quatrefolic - a specific clinically validated form of reduced and methylated folate (5-MTHF) with optimum stability and bioavailability. Quatrefolic® bypasses the gastric barrier and is absorbed across the digestive tract ready for the cells to utilise, including in those individuals who have the MTHFR enzyme polymorphism. Folates found in food and synthetic folic acid found in some food supplements are not biologically active and need to be converted to the bioactive reduced and methylated form of folic acid (5-MTHF) by the body. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression (i.e. polymorphisms), do not produce adequate or effective folate converting enzymes (the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase enzyme - MTHFR), which is associated with increased risk of different diseases. This means that the supplement form of folic acid is key for absorption, bioavailability and bioactivity.
- Methylcobalamin – a naturally occurring form of Vitamin B12 that is better absorbed and retained in the tissues compared to synthetic cyanocobalamin.
Nutrigold’s Homocysteine Support Formula provides 400mg of TMG combined with 5mg P5P (Vitamin B6), 25μg 5-MTHF (reduced folic acid) and 10μg methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) per capsule in a hypoallergenic form suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Use: 1-2 capsules daily after food or as directed by a practitioner.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken. This product is not suitable if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
|Active Ingredients per capsule||Amount||% NRV|
|Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine, TMG)||400mg||*|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, P5P)||5mg||357|
|Quatrefolic (Reduced Folic Acid as 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate; 5-MTHF)||25ug||13|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||10ug||400|
Ingredients:Trimethylglycine, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, Methylcobalamin, 5-MTHF. Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
Allergen Information: See ingredients in bold