Calcium Magnesium Complex x 180 Capsules
Calcium Magnesium Complex is one of our most comprehensive multivitamin and mineral formula. With our extensive research into the latest nutritional science we have included some of the most bioavailable and bioactive nutrient forms. Bioavailability of nutrients is important because the efficiency with which your system absorbs key nutrients affects both the speed and level of positive health effects, as well impacting on the cost of your supplement programme.
There is a wide range of key nutrients included in this formulation including:
- B vitamins – contribute to normal function of the immune system, nervous system, energy production and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin C – contributes to normal function of the immune system and energy production; normal function of the nervous system and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin E – contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin K - contributes to normal blood clotting, maintenance of normal skin, bones, red blood cells and vision; reduction of tiredness and fatigue and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Biotin – contributes to normal function of the immune system and energy production; normal psychological function and maintenance of normal hair, skin and mucous membranes.
- Calcium – contributes to normal muscle function and function of digestive enzymes; is needed for the maintenance of normal teeth and bones.
- Choline – contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism; normal lipid metabolism and maintenance of normal liver function.
- Chromium – contributes to normal blood glucose levels.
- Iodine - contributes to normal cognitive and nervous system function and energy production.
- Iron – contributes to normal cognitive function and energy production; normal function of the immune system and reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Magnesium – contributes to reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Selenium - contributes to normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Zinc – contributes to normal cognitive function, bone, nails, skin and hair, as well as fertility and protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Some of the bioactive nutrients in Calcium Magnesium Complex include:
- Organic citrate (Citrizorb®) minerals including Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc and Manganese Citrizorb® - citrate minerals have been shown to have greater bioavailability compared to inorganic carbonate or oxide mineral forms. In this formula, bioavailable organic Magnesium and Calcium Citrizorb® are carefully balanced in a 2:1 ratio.
- Pyridoxine-5-Phosphate (P5P) – the bioactive coenzyme form of Vitamin B6, which can be directly utilised by the body without conversion.
- Quatrefolic® - a specific clinically validated form of reduced and methylated folate. Folic acid and food folate are not biologically active and need to be converted to the metabolically active form of folate (5-MTHF) in the body. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression (i.e. polymorphisms), do not produce adequate or effective folate converting enzymes (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase - MTHFR). Quatrefolic®passes the gastric barrier and is absorbed in the gut in to support levels of bioactive folate including in those individuals who have the MTHFR polymorphism, which is implicated in certain chronic disease states.
- Methylcobalamin – a naturally occurring form of Vitamin B12 that is better absorbed and retained in the tissues compared to synthetic cyanocobalamin.
- Mena Q7® - a clinically validated form of Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7). Vitamin K2 better absorbed than Vitamin K1. The structure of MK-7 also allows this form to remain in the blood longer than Vitamin K1, increasing its bioavailability.
This formulation also contains soya free sources of Vitamin E and beta carotene.
Use: 2-4 capsules daily after food or as directed by a practitioner.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Do not use if lid seal is broken.
|Active Ingredients per 2 capsules||Amount||% NRV|
|Magnesium (as Citrate)||167mg||45|
|Calcium (as Citrate)||83mg||10|
|Choline (as Bitartrate)||20mg||*|
|Vitamin B5 (as Calcium Pantothenate)||20mg||333|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3 as Nicotinamide)||13.4mg NE||84|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||13.4mg||17|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate)||6.7mg α-TE||56|
|Zinc (as Citrate)||6mg||60|
|Iron (as Gluconate)||3.3mg||24|
|Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine Hydrochloride)||3.3mg||300|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate; P5P)||3.3mg||236|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||3.3mg||236|
|Manganese (as Citrate)||2mg||100|
|Boron (as Sodium Borate)||668µg||*|
|Natural Beta Carotene delivering Vitamin A||334µg RE||42|
|Chromium (as Picolinate)||67µg||168|
|Molybdenum (as Sodium Molybdate)||67µg||134|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||64µg||116|
|Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone)||34µg||45|
|Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)||33µg||22|
|Quatrefolic® (Reduced Folic Acid as 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate; 5-MTHF)||30µg||15|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||6.7µg||268|
Ingredients: Magnesium Citrate, Rice Flour, Calcium Citrate, Choline Bitartrate, Iron Gluconate, Calcium Pantothenate, Inositol, Zinc Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Nicotinamide, L-Selenomethionine, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate, Manganese Citrate, Sodium Tetraborate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, Beta Carotene, Riboflavin, Menaquinone, Methylcobalamin, Chromium Picolinate, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, 5-MTHF. Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
RE = Retinol Equivalent
NE = Niacin Equivalent
α-TE = alpha Tocopherol Equivalent